A massive thank you to Tom and all the team at Med Doc Healthcare for the amazing donation of €10,000 to the NRH Foundation. This generous donation has enabled the purchase of a selection of new pieces of equipment and supports for the National Rehabilitation Hospital (NRH), for adults and children. This equipment has brought benefit to the patients across all the programmes in the NRH as they travel their rehabilitation journey through the hospital. The chosen equipment was specifically identified as items that would also bring a bit of fun and enjoyment to the patients, particularly when during the global pandemic patients weren’t able to travel home on weekend leave or receive visitors into the NRH. So while enjoying an activity through the use of this new equipment, the patients were also working on achieving their targeted rehab goals. This new equipment supports patients on their rehabilitations journey within the Brain Injury, the Spinal Injury, the Limb Absence and the Paediatric Programmes. Items purchased thanks to Med Doc included:
- Karaoke Machine for the Paediatric Service
- Children’s Blackout tent for the Paediatric Service
- Little Bike & accessories for the Paediatric Service
- Molly & Wally Puppets for the Paediatric Service
- Portable Table Tennis Table + Bats + Balls for Adult Recreational Therapy Service
- Magnetic Dartboard with plastic tips for Adult Recreational Therapy Service
- Art supplies & puzzle books for Adult Recreational Therapy Service
- Board games for Adult Recreational Therapy Service
- Large Monitor, dvd player and associated sound bar system for recreational space in new hospital
- Archery Equipment for Sports Therapy Service
- Recumbent Stepper for Sport Physio Gym
- Play sand kits and a variety of sensory toys and equipment for the Paediatric Service
Donations such as this are vital in enabling the NRH Foundation to continue its support to further enhance the services provided by the NRH, the only specialist rehabilitation hospital in Ireland.
We would like to say a huge thank you to Med Doc Healthcare for making this all happen – we are so grateful for this amazing generosity.