The NRH Foundation is the registered charity dedicated to raising vital funds for the NRH. The NRH Foundation focuses on raising support towards specialist projects, equipment and research that will help make a direct difference to the lives of patients, both adults and children, in the NRH. We would not be able to provide this vital support without the help of donations, fundraising and sponsored events.
One of our main focuses has been raising funds towards the development and the equipping of the new Hospital development.The construction of this life changing facility, will have a huge impact on the individual rehabilitation journey of all patients, both adults and children, in the NRH into the future.
In summer 2020, staff and patients moved into the newly completed, long awaited, phase one hospital development on the NRH site. Phase one of the three-phase major Capital Development is a partnership between the HSE, the NRH and the NRH Foundation. The NRH Foundation support funded the building of this new facility and funds raised have also enabled us to facilitate the purchase of particular specialised rehabilitation equipment for the new hospital.
This new facility will be a major enhancement to rehabilitation services in the country and will have a direct and significant impact on patient recovery. This is only the beginning of our journey, as vital funds are needed to continue the equipping of this world class development, and also needed as we strive towards phase two. Please consider supporting this project by clicking here.
For more information about this new development click here
The Foundation’s role is to develop and manage the NRH Hospital’s fundraising activities and to encourage further philanthropic support towards its key aims.
Our mission in conjunction with the National Rehabilitation Hospital (NRH) is to:
- Generate financial support for investment in enhancing services for patients, vital medical research and innovative approaches to medical care.
- Manage, invest and disburse all funds raised for the benefit of ‘good causes’ in the NRH efficiently and with regard for donor’s wishes.
- Respect – for beneficiaries and donors
- Excellence – through ethical fundraising and transparency
- Compassion– understanding the beneficiaries and donors needs
- Stewardship– responsible investment in the use of fundraising income
- Partnership– with the staff and wider community
The NRH Foundation is compliant with the Charities Governance Code and meets with the core standards of the six principles of the Code.
- Henry Murdoch (Chairman)
- Kieran Fleck
- Jacinta McElligott
- Paul McNeive
- Dermot Quinn
- Elizabeth Maguire
- Carol O’Kelly